Vacancy Announcement. Program Assistant (Closed)
EPF is looking for an exceptionally talented young individual to complement its Good Governance team. EPF is an equal opportunity employer, and provides on the job training, on the job growth chances, and other benefits.
OPENING DATE: 21.01.2021
CLOSING DATE: 10.02.2021
POSITION TITLE: Good Governance projects assistant
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: One year with possible extension
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To assist EPF’s Good Governance programmatic direction team with the effective implementation of Good Governance projects.
NOTE: Responsibilities may slightly change depending on the qualifications of the candidate and program needs.
- Support to Project Management (80% of time)
- Assist with the implementation of EPF’s good governance projects/initiatives;
- Assist with the procurement of goods and services as needed for good governance projects in accordance with EPF’s policies and procedures;
- Assist with drafting narrative reports on good governance projects to relevant donors;
- Assist with the design and implementation of project related assessments, research and initiatives;
- Assist with coordinating good governance activities with other programmatic departments of EPF;
- Assist with organizing events, discussions, meetings depending on the program needs;
- Schedule meetings with program grantees, beneficiaries and other stakeholders, take notes;
- Assist with preparing sub-grant packages and contracts;
- Update EPF’s contact database;
- Travel for project-related needs and events to the regions of Armenia and abroad.
- Fundraising (10% of time)
- Assist with proposal writing for good governance related initiatives;
- Support EPF’s Program Team in other types of fundraising efforts.
- Communications (10%)
- Assist with the development and dissemination of project related outreach materials;
- Assist EPF’s Communication Team with program outreach in general.
- Education with a focus on social sciences (political science, public policy, public administration, media, etc.); a graduate degree preferred;
- At least one year of professional experience (including internship), preferably in NGO sector, project design and management;
- Some knowledge and understanding of public administration and media influence is a plus;
- Ability to analyze information and draft reports;
- Knowledge of social media instruments and willingness to apply them for project outreach;
- Fluency in writing quality texts; speaking; reading and understanding Armenian and English.
- Project implementation skills, including activity management and event logistics;
- Ability to write well-structured texts/reports;
- Analytical skills and ability to propose practical solutions to problems as they arise;
- Ability to effectively articulate ideas;
- Detail orientation, strong communication and planning skills;
- Critical thinking skills and capacity to make judgements on media discourse;
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative;
- Proven capacity to set and meet strict deadlines, including the ability to complete multiple tasks on time and manage stress while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Mature judgment and demonstrated decision-making capacity;
- Good team-work capacities and tolerance; capacity to overcome personal prejudices and stereotypes while working with diverse local and international actors.
TO APPLY: Applicants should submit a cover letter, underlying their suitability for the position, and a CV in English or Armenian by 18:00 on February 10, 2021 to [email protected].
The ‘subject’ of your e-mail message should say:
Good Governance projects assistant: your name and surname
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.