Vacancy Announcement- Emergency Consultant (closed)
Terms of Reference
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF) is looking for an exceptionally qualified Emergency Consultant as a service contractor to help EPF with improving its institutional capacity in relation to emergency preparedness and responsiveness, including developing a comprehensive Emergency Policy. The incumbent should have a real-world expertise and experience in the field, so that the protection needs of EPF in emergency situations are ensured, should such necessity arise.
Name of the consultancy/service: Emergency Consultant for EPF
Objective: To strengthen EPF’s institutional capacity by developing and introducing emergency preparedness and responsiveness policies and practices.
Scope of Work:
- Conduct needs assessment for building EPF’s emergency capacity;
- Develop to the level of adoption EPF’s Emergency policy based on the best international practices;
- Increase the awareness of EPF staff about measures to be taken during emergency situations through trainings and exercises;
- Set-up emergency systems in a teamwork with EPF designated personnel, (both inside and outside EPF’s premises).
- Three years or more of experience as an Emergency Consultant in public or private organizations (relevant experience in an international organization is a plus);
- Knowledge of local legislation, policies and procedures;
- Studies/work outside Armenia on emergency procedures and policies are a plus;
- Experience in providing trainings on emergency preparedness and responsiveness;
- Demonstrable experience in developing emergency response plans;
- Equally competent in professional English and Armenian;
- Collaborative personality with strong interpersonal skills.
The duration of the service contract is four months. The consultant may combine this work with other engagements provided her/his performance as an EPF Emergency Consultant does not suffer, depending on the level of effort to be negotiated.
Eligibility: Applicants can be individuals, group of experts or organizations
Interested applicants must provide:
- A proposal including:
- A draft outline of EPF’s emergency preparedness system including the main areas of emergency response; capacity building actions, e.g. training, acquisition of specific equipment; and other preventive measures.
- Previous experience in the implementation of similar actions
- A budget
- CV / CVs of team members (in case of a team, the applicants’ combined experience will be considered).
Please send the required documents either in Armenian or English to [email protected].
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please indicate Emergency Consultant) and your name/the name of the organization.
Application deadline is 17:00 on July 25, 2016.
For any inquiries and questions, please contact Marina Ayvazyan at [email protected] or by calling +374 95 251572.