Call for Human Rights Expert to Develop Training Toolkit (closed)
Name of Consultancy/service: HUMAN RIGHTS EXPERT
Purpose of the Consultancy
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF) is looking for highly qualified human rights professional to support EPF’s team in producing a comprehensive training Toolkit focusing on UN human rights mechanisms for CSOs, civic groups and university students. The Toolkit should provide practical assistance to the Armenian civil society in effective use of UN human rights mechanisms including submission of alternative reports to the UN Treaty bodies and UPR. The OHCHR produced practical guides for civil society, including a recently published practical guide “Civil Society Space and United Nations Human Rights System” also available in Armenian. This practical guide can be used as a basis for the Toolkit; however the Toolkit should also boldly highlight the local examples and best practices. The future Toolkit should also take into account the findings and recommendations of EPF’s 2015 study “Assessing the involvement of Armenian CSOs in the preparation of alternative reports for UN Treaty bodies and the UPR”. The language of the Toolkit will be Armenian.
Production of the Toolkit is part of the “Raising Awareness of UN Human Rights Mechanisms among Armenian Civil Society Organizations” project that EPF implements with support of the UN OHCHR.
- Degree in Law, Human Rights or related disciplines;
- Good understanding of international organizations, including the UN;
- Deep knowledge of the Armenian civil society; Comprehensive knowledge of UN human rights mechanisms and opportunities for the civil society involvement;
- Experience in drafting training manuals, practical guides or policy papers;
- Experience in preparation and delivery of trainings on human rights will be an asset;
- Previous work experience with the UN human rights bodies will be an asset;
- Experience in drafting and submitting alternative reporting to the UN human rights bodies will be an asset;
- Fluency in Armenian and English.
Opening Date: September 16, 2016
Application Deadline: September 28, 2016
Period of Consultancy: 6 weeks
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit CV, rationale and methodology for the development of the Toolkit (not more than two pages) and price quote to Mr. Armen Grigoryan at [email protected]. In the subject line of your message please indicate your name and the job you are applying for, e.g. Human Rights Expert: Name Surname.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Terms of Reference can be found here.