Workshop for the CSOs working in the field of Arts and Culture (Closed)
Invite Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working in the field of Arts and Culture to participate in the workshop
Capacity Building for CSOs working in the field of Arts and Culture
November 6-8, 2017, Yerevan, Armenia
Workshop for the CSOs working in the field of Arts and Culture
A three-day workshop for managers of CSOs working in the Arts and Culture sectors on sustainable practices in cultural management through new business models, branding, and fundraising for arts institutions. In the course of the workshop, experts will elaborate on theoretical and practical approaches to the management of arts and culture institutions. They will also introduce innovative technics for project management, fundraising and business, including via social enterprise, for CSO-practitioners in the fields of arts and culture.
- Applicants must currently run or be a part of a CSO working in the Arts and/or Culture sectors
- Applicants must have a professional experience and/or education in the Arts and/or Culture sector
- Applicants should demonstrate a) understanding of their organization’s needs for capacity building, and b) motivation to build the capacity of their organization
- Applicants should have a working knowledge of Russian language or at least comprehend the Russian-language instruction.
During the 3-day workshop, the participants will learn to:
- Outline the CSO’s role and importance within society, value chains for Arts and Culture sectors
- Identify potential sources of income and models for sustainability; fundraising and income generation tools, support landscape for Arts and Culture CSOs
- Understand business models in the sectors of Arts and Culture
- See how State institutions and CSOs can cooperate within Arts and Culture sectors
- And much more.
Workshops will be led by the Bridge4CSOs experts and invited consultants, including Mr. Volodymyr Vorobey, Managing Director for PPV Knowledge Networks (Ukraine). Mr. Vorobey has over 10 years of experience in building knowledge-based organizations, networks and communities. Professional goal - develop knowledge intensive products, services, networks, companies and organizations that enable human creativity and pro-activeness to flourish.
How to apply:
- Application packages should be sent to [email protected]
- Subject line of your e-mail message should indicate: “Arts and Culture Training: (name of your organization)”
- The deadline for submission of your application package is 17:00 on October 30, 2017
- The number of participants will be limited to 20 people. Applications will be reviewed by the team of the Bridge4CSOs programme.
- Participation in the workshop is free of charge
- Organizers will cover the transportation, meals and lodging fees for participants coming from regions of Armenia
- The working language of the workshop will be Russian. Some sections of the workshop may be provided in Armenian. Shortlisted applicants will be informed on November 2, 2017
- The venue of the workshop will be announced later.
- Shortlisted applicants should agree to attend all three days of the workshop
- Shortlisted applicants should agree to participate in the evaluation of the workshop upon completion of the event
- In order to apply please fill-in the application form: http://bit.ly/2iwC8a4
For questions and clarifications, please call EPF Program Manager, Ms. Piruze Manukyan at 091-23-73-80
About Bridge for CSOs programme
Bridge4CSOs programme is implemented by the Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU) in partnership with Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF), and is financed by the European Union. This three-year programme, launched in December 2016, goes through a set of interrelated activities to strengthen capacities of Armenian CSOs to better serve their constituents. A unique characteristic of the programme is utilization of the Diaspora capacity for improving thematic expertise of CSOs and helping content drivers to design and deliver better services for their beneficiaries. To achieve this objective, the programme will:
- improve organizational capacities of CSOs to better respond to citizens’ needs
- provide accurate and tailored response to the needs of CSOs
- increase CSOs’ service delivery capacities
- improve on the job management skills through application of international best practice
- establish a sustainable capacity building mechanism in a local university
- strengthen project management and social entrepreneurship capacities of CSOs
- increase the level of public awareness and trust towards CSOs
- improve the level of interaction between Diaspora and Armenian CSOs.
More information about the programme is here. To register in the network of Bridge4CSOs programme, please follow the link: www.agbu.am/am/bridge-for-csos/3024-bridge-for-csos-announcement-for-registration.