“The Manifestations of Tolerance and Intolerance in Armenian Literature” Research Competition Winners
In May, 2016 Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF) had announced a research competition entitled: “The Manifestations of Tolerance and Intolerance in Armenian Literature” within the “Promotion of religious tolerance and fight against discrimination” project implemented by EPF with support of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Armenia and Georgia.
An independent professional Jury assessed 21 applications based on pre-determined selection criteria and decided to grant awards to the following researchers or groups of researchers:
- Arqmenik Nikoghosyan, Ashot Gabrielyan: “Kyartu” personality as a means of intolerance in modern Armenian prose;
- Mary Yeranosyan: Reference to (in)tolerance in works of female Armenian writers;
- Hayk Hambardzumyan: The manifestations of tolerance and intolerance in Armenian “Sasna Tsrer” medieval epic legends;
- Gayane Mkrtchyan: Surprising and unprecedented tolerance in Hakob Mndzuri’s literature;
- Sona Melikjanyan: The manifestations of tolerance and intolerance in literature textbooks of Armenian secondary schools;
- Mher Kumunts and Mrs. Lusine Nersisyan: Manifestations of tolerance and intolerance in Armenian literature with folklore roots.
The winners of the competition will conduct the studies in accordance with proposed topics which will be presented to the public in Fall, 2016.