Vacancy Announcement: Development Coordinator (closed)
POSITION: Development Coordinator (full time, 12 months initially)
OPENING DATE: April 2, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 17, 2021
Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and proactive individual to join our vibrant, innovative team to lead EPF’s work in coordinating fundraising activities. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, he or she will work collaboratively with senior leadership, support programs team to develop and implement EPF’s resource acquisition strategy.
Main Responsibilities of the Development Coordinator:
- Subscription and collection/reception of all the forthcoming grant announcements, sending them to relevant people; management of the announcements’ and donors’ database; finding new grant announcement sources;
- Development and maintenance of the fundraising roster;
- Initiation and coordination of fundraising meetings with relevant staff;
- Finalizing the proposal development plan, distribution of duties; building a timeline for the proposal development and successfully keeping to it;
- Coordination of the proposal writing process; successfully insisting with involved personnel on keeping the deadlines; sharing information with the entire team engaged in the proposal preparation; storing all the information appropriately; participating in submitting the proposal in time;
- Negotiations with potential partners to be involved in a project; keeping and developing the potential partners’ database, including European, EaP, Central Asian, American organizations, experts, specialists, contact people. Working on the development of this database also in-between of concrete funding opportunities;
- Contact with the donors for Q&A and on other occasions;
- Keeping all the proposals written and submitted, general descriptions of the organization, etc. Updating such documents based on changed circumstances/EPF evolution as needed, not only for a particular funding proposal. Providing access and explanations to the staff where does such information lie, what can be useful on another occasion and why;
- Capacity to participate with the team in the development of a logframe; some parts of the proposal; budget; and budget notes;
- Capacity to order, collect, if needed, draft based on blueprints, and prepare all the legal documents in time, store them appropriately, maintain their database, distinguish the latest docs from the earlier ones;
- Capacity to maintain the timelines of each project applied and/or funded, so that the needs to report are second-checked with the program staff in time, if needed; cost- and no-cost extension requests, large-scale change requests or next applications to the same donor are started to be prepared in time;
- Capacity to grow into a good proposal- and budget-developer with the team;
- Preparation of the fundraising report for the Board in conjunction with other needed documents (that are being prepared by others) and with a linked methodology; presentation of the fundraising picture to the Board, if asked.
Note: this position mainly coordinates fundraising and proposal writing process; the contents of a proposal are usually being developed by the programmatic staff. If the position holder can do that as well, that is a plus.
Personal features needed: good capacity to multitask; flexibility vis-à-vis working hours and workloads (additional work is usually remunerated by EPF in kind or financially); good team worker; good negotiator; schedule keeper; organizer; extravert; attention to detail; passionate for civil society and international development work; fast learner, ready to learn new things.
- Three years of professional experience, preferably for civil society sector, or another relevant experience.
- Master’s level in one of the humanities and/or social science fields. Education and other experience abroad is a plus.
- Knolwedge of donors, their policies; capacity to analyze fast, understand, distinguish, and present donor requirements.
- Proven record of successful coordination of various teams’ works.
- High level written and verbal proficiency in Armenian and English (knowledge of Russian is an advantage).
- High literacy, i.e. capacity to develop quality written texts in English and Armenian. Proven record of producing and editing texts.
- Experience in budgeting, managing databases.
Salary will be competitive corresponding to the proven record of experience, education and other qualities necessary for the position.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter, CV, which explains why does their experience fit the JD, and a sample of proposal or report to [email protected].
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. Development Coordinator_Name, Last Name