Annual Media Award Contest for the best coverage on religious tolerance (2020-2021)
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF), within the framework of the Project “Towards sustainable reform: promoting freedom of religion or belief in Armenia for 2018-2021”, announces a contest for the best media coverage on the topic of tolerance towards the religious and national minorities.
The aim of the contest is to encourage balanced and delicate media reporting on tolerance, peaceful coexistence and diversity in Armenia which will promote the development of a tolerant and respectful attitude of the society towards minority communities.
Media reports published within the time period from 1 February 2020, to 5 April 2021, will be considered for the award. The award is planned to be granted by a professional commission which will consider the works carried out in reflection of the problems of religious, national and ethnic minorities that currently exist in Armenia.
The authors of selected works will be granted with awards and certificates.
The terms and the deadline for participation in the contest
The media material:
- can be of any format – a printed, radio, TV, multimedia, online, photo story, etc.;
- should have to be published in one of the Armenia media outlets within the time period from 1 February 2020 to 5 April, 2021;
- should reflect on any of the various themes pertaining to national and religious tolerance, peaceful coexistence, problems and daily life of those displaced and settled in Armenia, the issues that they have faced during the spread of COVID-19 and that have appeared because of the September 27-November 10 war between Armenia, Artsakh and Azerbaijan, etc.
- should be submitted by the author or by a third person, with the author's consent;
- should be published in Armenian.
The deadline to receive submissions is May 15, 2021. Each individual may submit up to 4 applications.
To apply for the contest, online application must be filled in.
In case of questions or technical problems, please, write to Anahit Khachatryan, at [email protected] or call +374 96 029 614.