The Centre for Community Mobilization and Support NGO, Martuni Women’s Community Council NGO, New Horizons NGO, EcoLur Information NGO and Armenian Forests NGO have united and formed the "Socio-Eco" consortium for the implementation of the "Social-Ecological Responsibility" project, which is implemented in the framework of Data for Accountable and Transparent Action Program (DATA).
Communities under negative environmental impact have limited opportunities for socio-economic development, as the unfavorable ecological situation has a serious impact on socially prosperous living conditions and economic activity. The communities do not have a developed social-ecological policy, effective tools for its development. The five-year community development programs lack the socio-ecological development component. Awareness of ecological risks and opportunities for socio-ecological development is insufficient in the communities.
Social-ecological responsibility project will contribute to the investigation of socio-eco policy in the most ecologically affected communities of Lori, Gegharkunik, Syunik regions of RA.
The investment of socio-eco policy in the communities of Armenia will contribute to:
- Development of green economy in the community
- Identification and reduction of environmental risks
- Participatory community development management
- Increasing the responsibility of local self-government for community development and environmental protection
- Increasing the corporate social responsibility of the business sector in the development of the community
- Targeted use of financial inputs, including contributions from the business sector.
The development of evidence-based policies by CSOs will be implemented through:
- Creating a participatory tool, measure of community socio-ecological risks, problems priorities data collection and needs identification, situation assessment.
- Developing socio-ecological policies in 6 target communities using a participatory method based on the information obtained through the socio-ecological situation assessment tool / biometer.
- Advocating for the adoption of socio-ecological policies by local governments in 6 target communities.
Data for Accountable and Transparent Action Program (DATA), which is implemented by the consortium composed of Eurasia Partnership Foundation, Socies Expert Centre, Boon TV, Youth Cooperation Centre of Dilijan – YCCD NGO, Sose Women Issues NGO and by the support of the American People through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The program is implemented by the generous support of the American People through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The content of the materials and ideas expressed are the sole responsibility of Centre for Community Mobilization and Support NGO and project partners, and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.