Annual Media Award Contest for the best coverage on religious tolerance (2019-2020)
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF), within the framework of Project “Towards sustainable reform: promoting freedom of religion or belief in Armenia for 2018-2021”, announces contest for the best media coverage on the topic of tolerance towards the religious and national minorities.
The aim of the contest is to encourage balanced and delicate media reporting on tolerance, peaceful coexistence and diversity in Armenia which will promote development of a tolerant and respectful attitude of the society towards minority communities.
Media reports published within the time period from 1 February 2019, to 29 February 2020, will be considered for the award. The award is planned to be granted by a professional commission which will consider the works carried out in reflection of the problems of religious, national and ethnic minorities that currently exist in Armenia.
The authors of selected works will be granted with awards and certificates.
The terms and the deadline for participation in the contest
The media material:
- can be of any format – a printed, radio, TV, multimedia, online, photo story, etc.;
- should have to be published in one of the Armenia media outlets within the time period from 1 February 2019, to 31 January 2020;
- should reflect on any of the various themes pertaining to national and religious tolerance, including culture, social issues, problems and daily life of refugees that have been displaced from diferent countries and settled in Armenia, etc.;
- should be submitted by the author or by a third person, upon the author's consent;
- should be published in Armenian language.
The deadline to receive submissions is March 5, 2020. Each individual may submit up to 4 applications.