Vacancy announcement - Web developer and Web designer (closed)
POSITION: Web developer and web designer
Opening Date: December 28, 2015
Application Deadline: January 13, 2016
Purpose of the JOB: We are looking for web developer and web designer to be responsible for the coding, innovation design and layout of EPF’s web portal.
The incumbent will:
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements on technical needs
• Develop and design website’s wireframe
• Develop website’s HTML structure
• Design efficient coded web portal by using best software development practices
• Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
The web portal should be designed with the user perspective in mind, to provide Foundation information in a visually impactful and user friendly way. The website must be maximum flexible site navigation, be focused on easily accessible information for visitors.
The following are basic functional requirements of this project:
• Ability to navigate the website in two languages (Armenian, English).
• The core content of the portal is envisioned to include pages for news, current programs, services, program portfolio, etc. to be added by the portal administrator/editor.
• There will be 11 major blocks in the web portal, each with different layout and functionality, including Home, EPF, News, FAQ, Donate, Contacts, Current Programs, Services, Program Portfolio and Thought Leadership
Specific functionality will include:
• Ability for web portal administrator to use CMS(Content Management System) to add, edit, update, modify and remove pages easily on his/her own without external technical support.
• Ability to print/email page and share on social media platforms.
• Site map with HTML links of all pages in the web portal.
• External links should open in separate browser windows.
• Ability to post and manage PDF and other documents for download.
• All pages on the web portal should have a navigation path (bread crumbs) at the top of the page.
• Establishment of Google Analytics reports.
• The web portal should be properly viewable through Windows and Mac platforms, on different web-browser versions dating from 2007 to the most up-to-date ones, as well as through all devices, including tablets, smartphones, etc.
• The web portal must be designed with different screen resolutions in mind. Therefore the developer should program the page to adjust with the screen on a percentage basis, rather than fixed resolution.
• To train designated personnel to editing, updating and maintaining the web portal.
• To provide one year of ongoing consultation to guarantee the web portal meets the goals and requirements set.
• To Beta Test for functionality and usability, to identify problem areas and revise web portal as needed.
• To perform Search Engine Optimization during development and to provide automatic generation of the content to Google.
• Motivated, creative, idea generator, team player, innovation savvy
Interested applicants should submit a brief cover letter, CV and an example of their creative work or a similar sample, to [email protected]
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. Web Developer and Web Designer: Aram Aramyan
Application deadline is January 13, 2015.