The project was funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
The goal of the project was to promote religious tolerance in Armenia by improving public awareness of and attitudes to different religions.
The objective of the project was to increase public awareness of freedom of conscience and right to religious freedom and to improve the quality and professionalism of media publications on tolerance and diversity.
The project activities included:
- Public discussions for Armenian civil society activists, human rights defenders, bloggers, and citizen journalists from Yerevan and regions of Armenia,
- Producing and broadcasting a series of four short documentaries and TV Talk Shows,
- Producing web-based series of public lectures and interviews on the issues of world religions, culture, identity, rights and civilizations,
- Develop an online, interactive guidebook for media on issues of religion, human rights/tolerance, ethics and sensitive coverage,
- Consultation roundtables with representatives of government, Ombudsman’s office, religious denominations and international experts.