POSITION: Copywriter/Copyeditor Consultant
OPENING DATE: March 1, 2023
CLOSING DATE: ongoing
Purpose of the job:
Eurasia Partnership Foundation (EPF) is looking for talented and skilled copywriters/copyeditors for producing high-quality, compelling and engaging content that resonates with our stakeholders, partners and donors. We are looking for a native English speaker, desirably with experience in nonprofit and international development area, particularly in/for Armenia. She/he will work collaboratively with EPF’s senior leadership, communications and program teams, the fundraiser and EPF partners (if any).
- Edit and proofread EPF’s written materials to make them engaging for readers; ensure accuracy, consistency, and alignment with EPF guidelines.
- Develop, write and/or edit clear, concise, and compelling copy from provided drafts for various channels including website, print, and social media.
- Read project reports, project descriptions, and other promotional and analytical materials and evaluations, suggest how they could become compelling stories and develop such stories.
- Collaborate with EPF program and communications teams to understand the messaging and tailor copy accordingly.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and apply best practices to content development and communication strategy.
- When needed, work cross-functionally with EPF team, partners and grantees to obtain information and feedback for use in copy development.
- Ensure all copy complies with legal and ethical standards, as well as EPF’s policies and guidelines.
- Share and discuss draft versions of content with EPF team, incorporate feedback and revisions.
- Support EPF with institutional memory development on prospective partners, experts, consultancies etc., communication-related and beyond, in Armenia and abroad.
The ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Native speaker of English language.
- Experience as a copywriter/copyeditor.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates exceptional writing skills and creativity.
- Ability to understand complex issues and complicated texts.
- Ability to analyze texts, including research, and identify major points beneficial for communication based on audience.
- Ability to develop versions of texts depending on audience: tailor texts to the development-specialized audience versus decision-makers.
- Ability to make non-profit original texts into compelling reading material.
- Ability of basic design of leaflets, brochures and other such materials, including text and photos.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Expected additional skills:
- Capacity to follow deadlines.
- Capacity to fast adapt and orientate in the professional areas outside the prior expertise of the incumbent.
- Capacity to proactively do desk research, collect data and interviews and reshape them into well-written texts.
Type of service provision:
EPF will conclude an annual framework contract with the consultant(s), provide them an advance notice of upcoming copywriting needs. The work may take place partly on-line and partly off-line. The incumbent will be paid based on a negotiated rate.
Attention: This is a consultancy with periodic contracting, not a permanent job position.
How to apply:
Please send a letter explaining your qualifications with a CV and examples of your work as an attachment to the [email protected]
In the subject line of your e-mail message please indicate your name and the position you are applying for, e.g. Copywriting/Copyediting Consultant_First Name, Last Name