Recruitment for Citizen Engagement Lead at Eurasia Partnership Foundation
Eurasia Partnership Foundation is looking for a talented individual to complement its Programs team as a Citizen Engagement Lead. EPF’s guiding vision is of a South Caucasus that is peaceful, conflict-free and cooperative with civically engaged citizens, socially responsible businesses, and sustainable, accountable and effective third sector organizations. EPF’s mission is to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives. EPF is an equal opportunity employer, and provides on the job training, on the job growth chances, and other benefits.
JOB TITLE: Citizen Engagement Lead
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
OPENING DATE: 26 October 2023
CLOSING DATE: 08 November 2023
The Citizen Engagement Lead will be pivotal in fostering partnerships with civil society organizations, media outlets, influential individuals, and a broad network of activists. This role is essential for ensuring that citizens remain engaged, well-informed, and empowered. By actively leading and collaborating, this position will ensure that the voices of the Armenian people are woven into governance and reform initiatives. He/she will serve as the bridge between government goals and public engagement, maintaining communication that is clear, transparent, and effective. This role will champion approaches that are centered on the citizens within the overarching communication strategies of the Armenian government.
- Strategic Collaboration and Partnerships: Leads the development of strategic partnerships with, and capacity building of, civil society organizations, media entities, public figures, and a diverse network of activists. This is to ensure a broad-based, collaborative approach to advancing the Government of Armenia's reform and strategic communication objectives.
- Public Engagement and Outreach: Spearheads initiatives that promote active citizen engagement, particularly initiatives that foster two-way communication between the government and its constituents, combat mis- and disinformation, create more space for the public discourse to remain centered on the reform agenda, and increase media literacy among citizens.
- Communication and network: Leads in equipping stakeholders with skills and knowledge to gather insights from citizens and proactively communicate responsive government initiatives through various channels.
- Data-driven decision-making: Establishes and manages systems for data collection, analysis, and dissemination to inform strategic communication and ensure that public messaging is resonant, timely, and proactive
- Feedback Mechanisms: Designs and institutionalizes feedback loops and mechanisms that promote interactive citizen engagement
- Liaison with USAID and Other Partners: Supports the COP in liaising with USAID and other relevant stakeholders, ensuring alignment of activities, reporting on progress, and leveraging additional support when needed
- Team Management: Manages team of specialists in social media, digital communications and media literacy․
- Educational Background: Bachelors or higher degree in a relevant field such as Public Administration, Political Science, International Development, Social Sciences, Economics, Law or other relevant field.
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in international development programs, civic engagement and/or CSO strengthening, particularly focusing on objectives related governance reforms, decentralization, service delivery, and strategic communication for government agencies and/or CSOs.
- Leadership Experience: Proven track record in managing teams, projects, and/or initiatives with a particular emphasis on civic participation, government accountability, and strategic communications.
- Cross-cultural Skills: Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multicultural environments and establish harmonious and effective working relationships with governmental, non-governmental, and civil society organizations.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional oral and written communication abilities in English and Armenian, with the capability to draft, edit, and finalize strategic documents and presentations.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English and Armenian, to facilitate better communication with local stakeholders.
- Knowledge of USAID Programs: Familiarity with USAID’s operational procedures, reporting requirements, and strategic priorities, especially in the context of civic engagement and governance reforms.
- Gender and Social Inclusion: Demonstrated commitment to gender integration, social inclusion, and a track record of promoting the participation of marginalized groups such as women, youth, and persons with disabilities.
- Networking: Established relationships with key governmental and non-governmental stakeholders in Armenia, or experience rapidly establishing such relationships in similar contexts.
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
EPF is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and acknowledges that candidates may not possess every competency listed above. We are open to considering how the unique strengths of candidates can complement any areas where the candidate may have limited expertise.
TO APPLY: Please submit a (1) CV in English, and (2) a cover letter, underlying your interest and suitability for the position, through [email protected] email, with the following ‘subject’ of your e-mail: The Citizen Engagement Lead: your name and surname.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.