Title: Accounting/Grants Assistant
Location: Yerevan, Azatutyan 1/21 – 23
Reporting to: Finance/Grants Manager, CFO
Who will replace: Accounting /Grants Assistant
Purpose of job:
The Assistant /Grants Assistant (AGA) is responsible for daily accounting and paperwork, preparing payments, preparing agreements, reviewing grant applications, preparing grant agreements, monitoring grantees’ financial reports, executing of site visits
- Prepare payments, check the received invoices and prepare VAT exemption letters to the vendors.
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies.
- Check the completeness of the payment documents with both AS system and Grants Management System (GMS) and follow the process of their proper archiving.
- Participate in annual and project audits.
- Assist in the review of proposals from legal, accounting, and documentation points of view and in the preparation of revised budgets in order to determine the applicant’s technical capabilities in managing a grant. These assessments cover (a) the legal eligibility of an applicant to receive a grant, (b) its internal structure, and (c) accounting and administrative procedures.
- The AGA is responsible for conducting a thorough financial and regulation compliance review of grantee financial reports. The AGA will check all submissions for accounting and documentation accuracy and present recommendations to the GM as to the acceptability of all financial reports.
- To be responsible for filling Request for Grant Payment and other relevant forms.
- Oversee the accurate and timely entering/updating on grants into Grants Management System (GMS) and is responsible for mastering the GMS and reconciliation between GMS and AS accounting systems.
- Assist in the preparation of grant close-out memos from legal, accounting, and documentation points of view in order to evaluate the grantee’s financial capabilities in managing the grant.
- Processing of grants in accordance with Armenian Software.
- Other duties directly associated with performing the above listed responsibilities.
Education & knowledge
- Higher education in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience.
- Previous experience in civil society organizations.
- Knowledge of RA law, tax code, accounting reporting and financial standards, as well as procedures, filing and office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- English, Armenian and Russian usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Armenian Software and Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel.
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Mature judgment combined with problem solving approach.
- Management skills, including administrative and financial aspects.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communicational skills.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public
- A flexible attitude which demonstrates both commitment to team-working and also to working unsupervised when required
- The ability to deal and work with a wide variety of people
- Patience, sensitivity and calmness in the face of pressure and conflicting priorities.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume in English before July 31, 2023, to: [email protected]
The ‘subject’ of your e-mail message should say:
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview