Vacancy Announcement: Web-Developer for CSO Portal (closed)
POSITION: Web developer
Opening Date: July 27, 2016
Application Deadline: September 1, 2016
Purpose of the Task
This task is intended to refurbish the already functioning website. There is need to add more tools and functionalities to the current web-site, as well as correct some deficiencies. The updated website should become a fully-functioning, accessible and informative destination portal/website for CSOs and other interested parties, giving them the ability to easily navigate, read and download the existing information, follow newsfeed using RSS, and watch video content. CSO DePo staff must be able to manage the content of the refurbished website through web-interface, and post, edit and remove information on/from the website.
Description of the Task
The refurbishment of the web portal will include:
- Develop new functionalities for the home-page (eg. slider, auto-rotation, etc);
- Change the page organization logic of News, Opportunities and Resources pages;
- Add more functionalities to Network page, add more sections, correct the deficiencies;
- Add more functionalities to Expert page;
- Other changes upon request.
Freelance web-developers, as well as web-developers, who have an institutional affiliation, are eligible to apply. The applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in developing websites using Symfony2 framework, considering the fact that hkdepo.am was developed with it;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in web-development;
- Solid portfolio of accomplished web projects (the applicant should present 5-10 past web projects, which have proper functionality and usability);
- Past client satisfaction out of two clients called;
- Good communication skills;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- Knowledge of the civil society is an asset.
The refurbished web portal should keep its user-friendly design, to provide relevant CSO information in a visually impactful way. It should provide maximum flexibility and consistent site navigation, and be focused on simple, easily accessible information for visitors that help them learn about the CSO related resources they are looking for.
More detailed functional specificities of the web-site are described here (announced in 2014 for developing hkdepo.am portal).
- July 30, 2016: Request for Applications announced
- August 10, 2016: Deadline for applications
- August 15, 2016: Selected Web Developer announced
- August 29, 2016: Finalized the Action Plan and start of the work
- September 30, 2016: Delivering all update requirements
Applicant must submit:
- Links to 3-5 accomplished web projects;
- Fixed price bid for the web portal design, development, follow-up maintenance and training.
Review Process and Selection
The deadline for the submission of application packages is August 10, 2016. Applications should be submitted to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.