Vacancy Announcement - Cross-Border Project Assistant
EPF is looking for an exceptionally talented young individual to complement its outstanding team, helping with some of the most challenging work: conflict transformation and peace-building. EPF is an equal opportunity employer, and provides on the job training, on the job growth chances, and other benefits.
OPENING DATE: 30.08.2019
CLOSING DATE: 16.09.2019
POSITION TITLE: Cross-Border Project Assistant
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To assist the Project Manager with the effective implementation of EPF’s cross-border (peacebuilding) projects.
REPORTING TO: Project Manager
NOTE: Responsibilities may slightly change depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
A. Support to Project Management (80% of time)
- Assist with the implementation of EPF’s cross-border projects/initiatives;
- Assist with the procurement of goods and services as needed for cross-border projects in accordance with EPF’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with drafting narrative reports on cross-border projects to relevant donors;
- Assist with project monitoring and preparation of status reports;
- Assist with the design and implementation of project related assessments, research and evaluations;
- Assist with monitoring similar initiatives of other governmental and non-governmental stakeholders to ensure their coordination with EPF activities;
- Assist with coordinating cross-border activities with other programmatic departments of EPF;
- Travel for project-related needs and events to the regions of Armenia and abroad.
B. Project Design and Fundraising (10% of time)
- Assist with the development of EPF program strategies and project designs, particularly for EPF’s future cross-border initiatives;
- Assist with proposal writing for cross-border initiatives;
- Support EPF’s Program Team in other types of fundraising efforts.
C. Communications (10%)
- Assist with the development and dissemination of project related outreach materials;
- Assist EPF’s Communication Team with program outreach in general.
- Education with a focus on Conflict and Peace Studies, Political Science or other social sciences; a graduate degree preferred;
- At least several months of professional experience (including internship), preferably in NGO/INGO, project design and management;
- Good understanding of political, economic and cultural trends in the region;
- At least some knowledge and understanding of conflict transformation and peacebuilding methodologies; the country knowledge of Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia is a plus;
- Ability to analyze information and draft reports;
- Knowledge of social media instruments, and willingness to apply them for project outreach;
- Fluency in writing quality texts in; speaking; reading and understanding; verbally understanding Armenian (Eastern), English, and Russian.
- Project implementation skills, including activity management and event logistics;
- Ability to write well-structured texts/reports;
- Analytical skills and ability to propose practical solutions to problems as they arise;
- Ability to effectively articulate ideas;
- Critical thinking skills and capacity to make judgements on peace vs. conflict discourse;
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative;
- Proven capacity to set and meet strict deadlines, including the ability to complete multiple tasks on time and manage stress while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Mature judgment and demonstrated decision-making capacity;
- Good team-work capacities and tolerance; capacity to overcome personal prejudices and stereotypes while working with diverse international actors, including Turkey- and Azerbaijan- based.
TO APPLY: Applicants should submit a cover letter, underlying their suitability for the position, and a CV in English by 17:00 on September 16, 2019 to Program Manager Ani Tovmasyan at [email protected]
The ‘subject’ of your e-mail message should say:
Cross-border Project Assistant: your name and surname
- If you have relevant publications that you think may be important for the selection committee to make a decision, please submit them as attachment or provide links in your Cover Letter. Publications may be in English, Armenian or Russian.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.